- Delivery is by parcel courier - we use Parcelforce.
- Parcels do not need signing for - no more waiting in all day!
- Dispatch days are normally Monday and Tuesday
- You should normally receive your plants within 10 days of ordering (probably sooner). Orders are usually delivered the week following receipt. Orders received at the start of the week are often held over for delivery the following week but we always deliver as quickly as we can.
- To all of mainland UK costs £8.95 for up to 32 plants - this includes the far north of Scotland and Skye.
- As above, but 33 to 64 plants, the cost is £17.95 Please tick the appropriate box at the checkout stage - our system cannot calculate this automatically.
- UK mainland only! Due to high delivery costs we do not send to any off-shore destinations i.e. not to any island (except Skye), The Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Northern Ireland.
How can you help us give you the best delivery service?
- Tell us your 'Safe Place'. Parcelforce can leave a parcel without signature in your designated 'Safe Place'. Most of our customers are happy for parcels to be left in a front porch, in the greenhouse or with a neighbour, etc. - simply tell us where. However, It is only fair we point out that Parcelforce will reject claims for non-delivery (and rightly so) but every parcel is still tracked right to its destination - even the delivery vans are GPS tracked and recorded.
- Give us your mobile phone number. Parcelforce can then send a text message (SMS) on the morning of delivery day so you can make arrangements for receiving your parcel. Your number will only be used for this purpose.
- Ask us to deliver to your local Post Office. A useful option if you are out most days or you wouldn't feel happy with a parcel being left at your door. You do need to be able to collect the parcel yourself during Post Office hours of course and you will probably need a form of identification with you, but this option might suit your circumstances. Please be aware that larger orders may be quite heavy for carrying. We use your postcode to locate your nearest Post Office or you may specify a particular one.
- Ask for delivery elsewhere - you may have plants delivered to, for example, your place of work, a friend or relative or a neighbour. An option to change the delivery address is available as you pass through checkout.
- Do you live in a rural area? We do too and are aware of the problems with getting reliable deliveries. Parcelforce has strong links with Royal Mail and often hand parcels to them for final delivery in remote areas. It's an excellent service and unique to Parcelforce, although parcels often take an extra day to arrive.
We always dispatch as quickly as we can but please bear in mind there might be a delay in receiving your plants - plants need to be dry to pack and travel well and this may take 2 or 3 days before dispatch. We can also be hampered by the weather as we can't dispatch orders at all during periods of severe weather. If we anticipate extended delay we will keep you advised by email.
We try to collate all orders for dispatch on Mondays and Tuesdays to prevent plants sitting boxed-up over the weekends, either before or during delivery, so expect to receive your plants Wednesday to Friday. You will receive an email from us once we have dispatched your order, estimating your day of delivery.
Non delivery - where are my plants!
Thankfully, this rarely happens but things can go wrong - weather events, breakdowns, illness etc. As explained above, you should normally expect to receive your order no later than the day you were advised in our automated dispatch email.
You must tell us if your plants do not arrive as planned, using our Contact Us page or by email and preferably on the same evening of your expected delivery day. In all but very rare and exceptional circumstances your plants will probably arrive only one day late - but please let us investigate as soon as we can to reduce any further delays. Your plants are our responsibility until they are delivered. We want you to be happy when you open your box of plants!